bianca-faye@hotmail.co.uk

April 02, 2013

WHO LIKES SHORT SKORTS...

The last time I donned a skort I was around the age of eight and heading off to Brownies. Back then the 'skort' that I was styling wasn't exactly the most glamorous of wardrobe items. Murky brown in colour, ill fitting and made of a horrible synthetic fabric that had the tendency to electrocute anyone that touched it. I wish I had a picture...(Brownie badges and all)

Anyway, jokes and memories aside, the multi-functional piece is making a comeback. Recently, I've noticed an influx of garments online that are described as a skort...but look like a skirt. It had me fooled for a minute but on closer inspection I realised that this S/S phenomenon was actually a re-modified version of my old school Brownie uniform. No longer ill fitting, no longer made of hideous fabrics in sick-like colours, the new skort is a practical alternative to a skirt. I mean, who doesn't want to wear a pair of shorts and a skirt at the same time? I'm sold.



 Zara Skort.



No comments:

Post a Comment