bianca-faye@hotmail.co.uk

February 12, 2013

THE ROW A/W 2013-14

I'm a massive MK & A fan- have been since around the age of eight. In fact, I recall asking my Mum to cut my hair Mary-Kate and Ashley style circa '99. A bob...layered...that kind of vibe. Anyway, the twins have been, well, muses for me for as long as I can remember. Since they turned their talents to designing, every season The Olsen's have brought a grungy elegance to fashion week and I always wait eagerly for the laid back luxe of the next collection to be revealed. This season didn't disappoint. The pair have done it again...stolen my heart with their drapey pieces, folds of fabric and muted tones. Tailored silhouettes with enough slouch to make them comfortable and aesthetically accommodating. A mixture of silks, furs, wool and leather seemed to be the material pallet of choice. Combining these textures made for a collection of femininity with a hint of a masculine edge thrown in for good measure. Floaty pyjama-esque pieces were incorporated throughout, alongside what seem to be common themes at this seasons New York Fashion Week; wrap features, origami folds, ruffles and skirt slits. Everything completely wearable and all beautiful pieces in their own right.






No comments:

Post a Comment